Saturday, May 19, 2012

My whole life can be summed up in terms of W


I wasted my energy wanting the things I can't have.
I worry about which way I am supposed to be going.
I won't let myself win a single battle that I fight against
myself in my own head.
I walk the line between self awareness and nonsense. 
I wake up to mornings that I should have spent in bed
and I sleep through the days that might have meant something.
I wade through currents of fleeting emotions
bobbing under the weight of it all, but still
trying to keep myself afloat. 
I wager the words I write against the world.
Maybe I will eventually say something
worth reading. Or hearing. Or even worth speaking.
I wait for my internal voice to stop wailing for 
just a moment so I can finally get some rest. 
I always make sure to wash my face clean of
the debris left by the internal wreck the night before
I finally make my way outside for the external
adventure I call my day to day. 
I wonder what is going on with me.
I have walled up and walled in myself
to the point where I am not even sure 
what I want anymore. 
All I know is that I am stuck in a web
of self inflicted doubts.
Wounded by the words echoing in my skull
screeching out that I will never know who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment